Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainable Development
Nikon India believes in establishing a society which provides equal access to opportunities, negates disparities and seeks to contribute to the sustainable development of society by responding to the trust that society places in us, by creating new value that exceeds expectations.
To read our CSR policy, please click here.
Nikon India Initiatives:
Nikon India’s CSR initiative towards social welfare, health / medicine, environment protection and disaster relief :
Nikon India has always believed in creating an environment that supports our local community and provides equal opportunities. CSR is all about being community minded, being responsible, and taking positive actions. This includes being responsible towards employees, customers, the environment, partners and the society at large.
During this financial year Company focused on social welfare and education of orphan children, health / medicine for elderly disadvantaged people, environment protection and disaster relief as an endeavor to fulfil its CSR Commitment.
Company utilized its CSR budget in the form of following activities:
• Supported education & wellbeing of 40 orphaned children of SOS Villages of India in Raipur & Bhubaneshwar.
• Supported distribution of relief kits through Help Age India to the people affected by the floods in the state of Kerala during devasting flood happened in August 2018.
• Provided financial support for conducting 922 cataract surgeries of elderly patients in various states in India through Help Age India.
• Provided support for 12 nature trails across Delhi and Gurgaon locations through WWF, providing a hands-on experience to the underprivileged students and exposing them to biodiversity of the area.
Educational Infrastructure for Children
In 2017-18, Nikon India focused on providing access to high quality educational infrastructure to children, thus initiating sustainable development of the society. Supporting the belief that every child has a right to meaningful and quality education, the company partnered with Gurgaon Municipal Corporation Schools and Vishwas Vidyalaya in Gurgaon.
As a part of the CSR initiative, Nikon provided:
• A school bus with hydraulic lift to Vishwas Vidyalaya, helping special needs children with a safe and secure mode of transportation.
• A coloured printer to the institution for printing reading/learning materials for school students.
• 3216 dual desks in various schools of Gurgaon Municipal Corporation to provide the students with basic infrastructure in schools.
Supporting the Cause of Education
Reinforcing the support to underprivileged children by providing facilities to aid education that will be accessible across institutes such as Vishwas Vidyalaya (certified non-profit organization working in the field of education /disability and development), Gurgaon Municipal Corporation Schools (Civic Body), Deepalaya Foundation (a certified non - government organization) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation Schools (Civic body).
In the third year of the CSR drive, Nikon has donated:
• One School Bus with hydraulic lift to Vishwas Vidyalaya for disabled children to provide them safe and secure mode of transportation
• 1165 school desks in various schools of Gurgaon Municipal Corporation to the children of society lagging basic infrastructure in schools
• To accomplish Deepalaya and their desired objective of educating the poor & economically backward children especially the girl child who is deprived of attending school. This year Nikon donated for construction of 2 classrooms will enable Deepalaya to increase the capacity for 100 more students in the school
• 17 commercial ROs (Water purifiers) to East Delhi Municipal Corporation Schools for the children of the school who are far away from basic amenities
Taking Steps towards Betterment of Society…
Nikon India is focusing its capabilities in education field to help the underprivileged children build a basis for self-sustainable livelihoods and is committed to partner with like-minded organisations working towards improving the same. Nikon India’s contribution to education is aimed at strengthening the society by empowering the children from underprivileged background with quality basic education and providing them better infrastructure & technical assistance.
In making social contributions; Nikon India is making consistent and committed efforts across the organization to create differentiated values as we press forward to achieve specific ways to contribute to the community with our core capabilities, in the areas of education, environment & healthcare and implement them efficiently.
As a part of this year’s CSR initiative, Nikon India has scaled up its efforts for the student community to aid their education, transport and healthcare needs. In the second phase of this endeavour, Nikon is donating two water filters for safe drinking water and another school bus for safe & sure means of transport to the Deepalaya Foundation. The company is proud to make a positive impact on the lives of others through the simple act of supplying EDMC with 17 water filters and 1400 desks for promoting education among the East Delhi MCD students.
Joining Hands with East Delhi MCD School - Supporting Today‘s School for a Better Tomorrow
Nikon India joined hands with East Delhi MCD School. This is the second initiative in the year to make a tremendous impact on the lives of children. In this phase, Nikon is donating 790 benches for students of age group 4 to 6 years and 500 educational mathematics kit for students of age group 7 to 8 years, promoting education among the East Delhi MCD students.
The handing over ceremony of school desks & mathematics kits was organized at East Delhi Municipal Corporation Auditorium on 20th March (Friday). On behalf of Nikon India, Takashina san (MD) & the Management team handed over the desks & mathematics kits to the Chairman, Education Board of EDMC & other EDMC delegates.
Joining Hands with Deepalaya Foundation – Supporting Today‘s School for a Better Tomorrow
Nikon India had partnered with Deepalaya Foundation, a certified non - government organization that believes in enabling self-reliance and is committed to working on issues affecting the urban and rural poor, with a special focus on girl child and children. In the first phase of this endeavor, Nikon donated a school bus exclusively for the school children who are generally deprived of attending school due to lack of safe & sure means of transport.